Download Free FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs • Premium Joomla 3 Templates BIGtheme.net
Home / News / Hugh Grant settles court claim against Sun publisher

Hugh Grant settles court claim against Sun publisher


Hugh Grant has settled a UK High Court claim against the publisher of The Sun newspaper over allegations of unlawful information gathering, a judge has been told.

The actor brought legal action against News Group Newspapers (NGN) in relation to The Sun only, alleging he was targeted by journalists and private investigators, having previously settled a claim with the publisher in 2012 relating to the News Of The World.

He is among a number of individuals, including Prince Harry, bringing claims against NGN.

Grant’s claim in relation to The Sun was due to be considered at a trial in January next year, but a preliminary hearing for the litigation against the publisher on Wednesday was told it had recently been settled.

Anthony Hudson KC, representing NGN, told a judge that there were “currently 42 extant claims … that follows the recent settlement of Mr Grant’s claim”.

David Sherborne, Grant’s barrister, also confirmed in written arguments that the actor had “recently settled” his claim.

NGN has previously denied any unlawful activity took place at The Sun.

Prince Harry’s claim is currently set to go to trial in January 2025.

Source: Press Association


Source link

Check Also

hardliner on morality, protests and nuclear talks

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, whose helicopter crashed in mountainous terrain, has become a contender to …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *