The inquests into the deaths of those who were killed in the 1981 Stardust fire have heard the inhalation of fumes was a significant factor in almost all those who died.
48 people lost their lives a fire that swept through the Artane nightclub on 14 February, 43 years ago.
The hearings into their deaths, which began last April, are continuing to hear from expert forensic pathologists.
Giving evidence are Dr Richard Shepherd, Dr Nat Cary and Dr Ben Swift.
All are based in the UK but are giving evidence in person at the Dublin District Coroner’s Court.
The three agreed with Simon Mills, SC, for the coroner, that in almost every case, the inhalation of fumes was a significant factor in their deaths.
Pointing to levels of carbon monoxide found in the victims’ bloods, Dr Nat Cary said: “They would have died pretty rapidly.”
The three experts also agreed that alcohol was not a causative factor in any of the deaths.
The inquests continue.