Download Free FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs • Premium Joomla 3 Templates BIGtheme.net
Home / News / Former GAA player questioned over alleged attack on child

Former GAA player questioned over alleged attack on child


A former All-Ireland winner has been arrested and questioned about an alleged attack on a child last year.

The 12-year-old boy was among a group of children and teenagers who were in a vacant property last October when the man arrived with an implement.

The other children ran away, but the boy was attacked and seriously injured.

He was taken to University Hospital in Limerick, where he was treated.

Gardaí began a criminal investigation and have interviewed a number of people, including the children.

The man was arrested last Monday and questioned before being released without charge.

A file on the case will be sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions.

In a statement today, gardaí said they are investigating an alleged assault on a male child that occurred at a premises on Thursday, 5 October 2023, and arrested a man on Monday 19 February as part of the investigation.

“The man was detained at a garda station under the provisions of Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1984.

“He has since been released without charge and a file is being prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions.”

Gardaí also say they are continuing to appeal to anyone with information about the attack to contact them.


Source link

Check Also

Sydney attacker may have targeted women

Australian police have said the attacker who fatally stabbed six people at a busy shopping …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *